WARRANTY & RETURN POLICY
PERIOD OF WARRANTY
The warranty offered by Expert PC is limited to thirty (30) days from the day the repair is completed*, unless specified otherwise on the Invoice or Work Order. Hardware components are covered through the manufacturer’s factory warranty (see “Factory Warranty” below).
CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY
The warranty is only for repairs done that are listed on the invoice. The warranty is a carry-in, or in-store warranty. If service is needed on-site, labor charges would apply. The warranty is to replace / repair the items originally serviced on the invoice. The warranty does not give store credit or cash refund.
Computer Hardware Warranty: The warranty covers the cost of labor and replacement parts for all hardware related problems. Software and user error related problems are NOT covered.
Viruses: Virus repairs are not covered by the warranty. Each computer is susceptible to viruses and it is the owner’s responsibility to utilize virus protection software. Regardless if the computer was supplied with virus protection when it was new, Expert PC cannot guarantee that all viruses will be repaired.
Software & Operating Systems: Any software that is on the client’s computer or comes pre-installed with our systems, including the operating system, is not covered by the warranty.
User-caused problems: If our assistance is required after a customer attempted to solve a problem out of their own accord, the repair thereof will not be covered under the warranty.
FACTORY WARRANTY: The factory warranty is a limited warranty that is offered by the manufacturers of the various computer components and is limited to their specific terms and conditions of sale and their return policies.
Overclocking is a method of making your CPU, video card, and some other hardware run faster and/or better and is not endorsed by the manufacturers of the item, and therefore excluded from the warranty offered by Expert PC and/or the manufacturer.
1. No returns for cash or credit will be entertained after seven (7) calendar days from date of invoice - the customer has to ensure that the correct purchase has been made within this seven (7) calendar day period. All returns are subject to a 15% percent restocking fee and must be in the original packaging with no signs of defects.
2. Only store credit will be issued for new items NOT installed by Expert PC. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee and must be in the original packaging with no signs of defects.
3. All USED items are sold as is, no refunds, credit, or exchanges are available.
4. NO Refunds, credit, or exchanges are available for SPECIAL ORDER items.
For all electronics repairs the issue will be assessed and the customer will be notified of cost for repair, at which time the diagnosis charge of $38 will apply unless technicians determine that the item is not cost feasible to repair. Cellular phones are recommended to be repaired by certified phone repair shops, which we are not. Therefore these repairs will not be performed, unless it is a simple repair and/or the customer assumes all liability. Electronics repairs come with up to a 30 day warranty, however cellular phone and screen repairs come with NO WARRANTY, written or implied.
ABANDONED DEVICES POLICY
Computers and small electronics repaired at Expert PC and not picked up for 30 days are subject to a $10 a month storage fee. Televisions and large electronics left longet than 7 days are subject to a $10 per day storage fee. Expert PC is not responsible for goods not picked up after 60 days of check in. Goods may be sold or discarded after 60 days.
At this time partial payments, payment plans, or extensions are not permissible.
Customers may call or stop by Expert PC with any questions about the Warranty & Return Policy. Contact information is provided below.
428 N Hughes Blvd.
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
* Once repairs are completed, the customer will be notified. If computer equipment is picked up thirty (30) or more days after the day of notification, the thirty (30) day warranty will be considered expired.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
• You can visit the websites of ExpertPCnc.com without revealing any personal information. However, ExpertPCnc.com needs certain personal information if you wish to purchase our products or use certain ExpertPCnc.com services.
• Where required, this information may include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. ExpertPCnc.com will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with requested products and services, and to contact you regarding new products and services.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
• ExpertPCnc.com automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. ExpertPCnc.com may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services. However, ExpertPCnc.com does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
• ExpertPCnc.com also allows third party companies that are presenting advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Again, these cookies are not connected to any personal information. Third party cookie usage is subject to their own privacy policies, and ExpertPCnc.com assumes no responsibility or liability for this usage.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
• ExpertPCnc.com may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of ExpertPCnc.com to provide products and services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information
• ExpertPCnc.com may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
o We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
o We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
o We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of ExpertPCnc.com;
• If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to ExpertPCnc.com.
• Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, your ExpertPCnc.com Information protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, ExpertPCnc.com uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
• We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
• Further, ExpertPCnc.com retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes identified above or as required by law.
• ExpertPCnc.com may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of ExpertPCnc.com websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.